Monday, February 14, 2011

The Day We Delivered

Kate Brooke and Emily 2-14-11a

For Valentine’s Day this year, the girls had help from one of their super crafty aunts (they have several), making their Valentine boxes.  Using SVG designs from Lettering Delights (where Aunt Jill and Aunt Rani both work) along with a program from Make The Cut and our Cricut machine, the girls made some really fun mailboxes.  Katelyn chose a drop box style and Brooke went with a classic mailbox.  To add to the awesomeness, aunt Jill cut them using the girls’ signature colors.  They were thrilled!

Next up we assembled them.  I couldn’t believe how easy it was.  Then Jill taught me how to use the Make The Cut program so the girls could decorate their mailboxes.  They had so much fun looking at all the SVG images Lettering Delights offers and once they made their choices, we downloaded the files and started cutting, with the Cricut that is.  We never picked up the scissors throughout the entire project.  It was bliss.  All I did was the part on the computer and they both did the rest 100% on their own.  Win-Win right?

Aunt Jill even cut a mailbox for Emily, but we got so carried away playing with the Cricut that hers didn’t get done in time.  So we are going to save it for next year.  Hopefully by then she won’t eat it which most certainly would have been the case this year.

The girls were thrilled with their boxes and Katelyn even won her class contest.  Thank you so much Aunt Jill for helping us with such a fun craft.  I am hooked on SVGs now and we are giving our Cricut a workout!   

Kate's mailbox 2-14-11aKate's mailbox 2-14-11bBrooke 2-14-11bBrooke's mailbox 2-14-11

After the mailbox contest, the kids delivered their Valentines and then it was time to get the party started.  The girls had a blast playing all of the fun games at the party (candy heart tower building shown below)

Bradley & Kate 2-14-11bKate's class party 2-14-11bBrooke at Kate's class party 2-14-11a

They also loved making Italian Sodas.  Brooke couldn’t finish hers… I was happy to help her with that.

Bradley Kate Brooke Ben 2-14-11bKate's class party 2-14-11aKate & Brooke class party 2-14-11a

Emily at Kate's class party 2-14-11Emily loved the whole thing and behaved very well since she was riding around in the Baby Bjorn.  I think she was just happy to be a part of the fun instead of having to take a nap.

 

Brooke 2-14-11aEmily 2-14-11bKate 2-14-11a

Kate & Bradley 2-14-11aAfter lots of games and treats, the kids got to read their Valentines.  It was so fun watching them.  A couple of Katelyn’s classmates even had Valentines for Brooke.  She was so happy.  I know Brooke will love school and have a blast at her own class parties, but I think they will both miss partying together.  I love that they love each other.

 

Before the party was over, I got the traditional shot of Katelyn with one of her BFF’s.  She and Bradley (and his twin Ben) are enjoying their fourth consecutive year of being in the same class and the three of them are the best of friends.  Every year Katelyn and Bradley let me snap a photo of them together.  I don’t know how much longer they will let me do that, so I was happy they humored me again this year.  They are an unlikely trio, but we are so grateful they found each other.  They are wonderful friends to each other and I love that she has her own security detail at school.  Here they are starting with Kindergarten up through third grade.

IMG_5113Kate & Bradley - Vday 1st gradeKatelyn and Bradley 2-11-10Bradley & Kate 2-14-11a

The party was a blast and we all had a great time.  Ben and Bradley surprised the girls with Valentine cakes after the party – it was so sweet of them (and their awesome mom) and the girls loved it!

Kate & Brooke class party 2-14-11bKate Brooke Ben Bradley 2-14-11a

2 comments:

day in the life of a prince said...

Those are the cutest mailboxes ever!!

Rani said...

Yeah for Katelyn winning! Congrats!! You girls sure made some cute boxes!