In elementary school, I was lucky enough to get the two coolest and greatest teachers in the history of the world. I got to keep them through fourth, fifth and sixth grade, so life was good. They were amazing and taught me so much. Fast forward to 2004 when my parents decided to move and their neighbor turned out to be one of my amazing teachers, Mrs. Wagstaff. We were all so excited and have had so much fun hanging out with her during our Utah visits. Her dog is the sweet little Daschund named Dixie that the girls absolutely adore.
Besides being an amazing teacher, Mrs. Wagstaff is also a quilting machine. She made beautiful quilts for all three of my girls and this summer when she presented Emily with her quilt, Katelyn and Brooke asked if she would teach them how to make something so amazing. Without hesitating, Mrs. Wagstaff was ready and willing and had them at her house going through her “fabric store” so that she could teach them how to quilt.
After picking out their fabrics, she got the squares cut and ready for them so they could place them in a pattern they liked.
Katelyn’s OCD gene came through loud and clear on this part. She spent a lot of time getting things to be “just right” and was grateful for the advice Mrs. Wagstaff offered.
Brooke on the other hand placed her squares quickly and then wanted to play with all of Mrs. Wagstaff’s cool toys. That is when my OCD gene kicked in (like it’s ever off right) and I “helped” Brooke with her pattern.
Mrs. Wagstaff sewed everything together for them and then it was time to quilt. Both girls used her AMAZING machine and rocked their designs.
The girls ABSOLUTELY loved learning how to quilt and loved spending time with Mrs. Wagstaff. I loved watching someone who taught me so much, teach my babies too. We love you Mrs. Wagstaff and can’t wait to see you this summer!
2 comments:
I never had Mrs Wagstaff but always wanted to be in her class. That is so neat you still have a relatioship with her and she is now about to teach your children through quilting. your girls quilts turned out beautifully.
They couldn't possibly have had as much fun as I did. With most of my grandkids so far away, you know I pretend these 3 sweet little girls are mine. Sorry Franny. You can be the Alpha Grandma if you want. I'm so glad they have fond memories of those few days. I know I certainly do.
Post a Comment