Emily absolutely loved her hat that went with her pumpkin costume she wore for Halloween. In fact, she continues to love it and insists on wearing it all the time. Once she finds it, she puts it on and wears it proudly. She has decided it is suitable for indoor and outdoor use and it only comes off when she is good and ready.
Due to it’s orange-ness and the protruding green stem and leaf, I decided she needed to love another hat for wintertime. So we went to the store to see what we could find. Unfortunately, everything made her mad, so I bought a couple that I thought would be homeruns when she was in a better mood.
The next day, I set the hats out on the coffee table so that she could find them when she was ready. Then, hung the sack on the door that leads to the garage so that I could return which ever one she vetoed. She was in the other room so I didn’t think she noticed what I was up to, but she immediately came to investigate what was going on. She examined the Dora hat and the Princess hat, calling them both by name as she checked them out. She didn’t get mad or shout “NO!” like she did at the store, so I thought things were going well. She had one hat in each hand and then she turned and walked away. She headed directly to the door, put both hats in the bag and said, “thank-you.” So I guess she’ll be wearing the pumpkin hat a little bit longer.
2 comments:
I still die over this story. And over her...she kills me! Love that happy little pumpkin hat face!
That is so cute! Sounds like your girl knows exactly what she wants! :)
Post a Comment