Friday, December 30, 2011

The Day We Went Christmas Camping

Brooke & Kate - Xmas Camp 12-16-11aThis year we used Christmas camping to kick off our Christmas vacation.  We usually do it earlier but the first part of December just got away from us.

The girls love Christmas camping and were super excited to wear their new winter nightgowns.  I really wanted a picture of the three of them, but Emily was soooooo beyond excited that we couldn’t get her to hold still.  I got one of the three girls standing but it wasn’t great of Emily Brooke & Kate - Xmas Camp 12-16-11bEmily, so I thought we would try one on the air bed, in front of the tree.  Emily is usually great about taking pictures but not this time.  The funny thing was, is that once I gave up on her being in the photo and said I was going to take one of just Katelyn and Brooke, she would photo bomb the picture every time.  I would count “1, 2, 3…” so they would know when to smile but Emily used it as her cue to do a Superman jump into the photo.  We laughed so hard because she seriously did it 5 or 6 times.  She always knows how to work the crowd.

 

 

Emily Photo bombs Christmas Camping 12-16-11a

After the funny photo session, the girls read Christmas stories and watched a movie on Katelyn’s IPod Touch.  Emily went to bed after story time, otherwise I am certain we never would have gotten her to go to bed and miss out on the fun.

Emily Brooke & Kate - Xmas Camp 12-16-11cEmily Brooke & Kate - Xmas Camp 12-16-11dEmily Brooke & Kate - Xmas Camp 12-16-11e

Emily Brooke & Kate - Xmas Camp 12-16-11fEventually, Katelyn and Brooke went to sleep… I am sure it will take even longer for them to fall asleep next year since Emily will be in the mix too.  Thank goodness she didn’t realize what she was missing when we hauled her off to her crib.  She was so tired from all the excitement, she didn’t even protest.

Thanks to Pinterest, we added a new element to our Christmas camping tradition… reindeer pancakes for breakfast!

Reindeer Pancakes 12-17-11aBrooke & Kate - Reindeer Pancakes 12-17-11a

3 comments:

Nana Shanna said...

I'm checking into Pinterest....Cute pancakes.

Ashley C said...

Your cute family always seems to do the funnest things! What an awesome mom you are.

Monika said...

Those reindeer pancakes are to die for! I love the jammies too. Next year I may have to get matching ones for Jade with your cute girls, she would be in heaven!!