So Tuesday was designated as our “hit it hard” Disneyland day – we started there with early entry and spent the whole day riding and eating our way through the magic.
Our first ride of the the day took us on a voyage under water on Nemo’s submarine ride. The kids thought is was so cool that we really went under water and they loved the pretty scenery.
Next, the group divided up between Space Mountain and It’s A Small World. Katelyn loved Space Mountain and Kyle loved not being with the It’s A Small World contingency.
Space Mountain has always been my dad’s favorite ride. I still remember when I went on it the first time. I HATED it and cried. Now I love it of course and I knew Katelyn would too. I loved seeing her ride it for the first time with him and she thoroughly enjoyed herself.
We met back up and spent the rest of the morning in Fantasyland.
The only part that wasn’t fantastic was when Emily decided she needed a potty break just before it was our turn to get on Dumbo. But at least she told me and at least we made it. Had I been thinking, I know they would have let us back in line, but I was not about to stop and ask for a wristband at a time like that.
Before lunch we separated again – there was a Matterhorn group and a Pixie Hollow group. Photos of the Fairy portion will be in a post of their own.
We were so excited for lunch in New Orleans Square at Café Orleans. We discovered this little culinary treasure on our last trip and made sure to have a reservation in place as soon as we booked our trip.
The garlic fries with special dipping sauce were amazing and the Monte Cristo was life changing. No Lie. Every part of it was delightful.
After lunch it was time for Adventureland – I went with the Jungle Cruise contingency while the other half headed for Indiana Jones.
Both groups had a blast and did lots of rides – I love short lines.
I didn’t get any pictures when we were in the Tiki room but Emily loved it enough that she said she wanted to have her birthday party there. She danced and sang her little heart out.
Since it was sunny and warm, Splash Mountain was next up on the list so we headed over to Critter Country. Despite their faces in the picture, the girls had a blast and were glad they got talked into riding it.
Giant sugar cookies were consumed while everyone dried out. Brooke was thrilled that the cookies were “nut safe” and she could partake. We don’t find baked goods very often that are safe for her to eat, so this really was a dream come true for her.
After our sugar break, we made way to Tomorrowland to ride the Astro Blasters and Star Tours again.
Everyone loved Star Tours and the Storm Troopers gave me an idea of what to get Kyle for Father’s Day (not referring to the duck). That would take Halloween to a whole new level at our house.
Emily wasn’t showing any signs of extreme fatigue, but she passed out while we were on Star Tours and took a peaceful stroller nap under Gram’s watch.
While she recharged her batteries, we hit a few more rides that she wasn’t tall enough for, Gadget’s Go Coaster in Toon Town was a favorite.
After Emily woke up and we finished up in Toon Town, we headed back to Fantasyland to work on the rides there that were still on our to-do or do-again list.
We managed to work our way through all of the Storybook rides and logged some more miles on the Tea Cups and Dumbo which were some of our favorites.
Once we finished up in Fantasyland, Katelyn and I took off to hit a few more big kid rides before the park closed. There aren’t any pictures because we were running like maniacs and laughing way too hard. It was another fantastic day – truly my favorite place with my favorite people.
No comments:
Post a Comment