Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Day Em Got Her Trip to Chunky Cheese

To celebrate her official completion of potty training last fall, Emily had requested a trip to Chunky Cheese (aka Chuck E. Cheese or "Kucky Cheese"). She worked hard and kept her eye on the prize. In doing so, she also earned the "easiest of the three girls to potty train" award. For Katelyn and Brooke I made elaborate charts and had great prizes in place. For child number three, I used my friend's extra pre-fab potty training sticker chart and baited her with Swedish Fish. That was all it took. I think you could get Emily to do just about anything for a handful of Swedish Fish. She gets that from me. She also loved putting a sticker on her chart. The stickers didn't match or have an elaborate theme and the chart was plain and boring. Fortunately, she has been ok with me lowering the bar from the get-go and was thrilled with my minimal effort training method. For her, being potty trained, meant a family trip to "Kucky Cheese" and stickers and Swedish fish along the way.

She had a blast celebrating with all of us. She rode lots of rides...

 
 
... and played lots of games.
 
 
She even got to hang out with the mouse himself.
 

 
To finish off her celebrating we had a fun lunch and let her know how proud of her (and grateful we were) that she decided to be such a good trainee. She loved the praise and had a blast celebrating with her family.
 
 
Katelyn and Brooke didn't mind the party either.
 
 
We are so proud of you Emily and so grateful to the makers of Swedish Fish. I always thought they were magical but now I know they are for sure.

No comments: