Our annual ward campout last year was held at Camp Easton. I’d never been there but am always up for a campout, so we headed to the hills. Our good friends had arrived early and scouted an amazing camping spot at the top of a bluff. The view was breathtaking and we set up camp. Our other buddies also arrived and we convinced them to join us.
Camping is always fun, but when you get to do it with great friends that have awesome kids, it is even better.
Once we set up camp, we cooked our tinfoil dinners. I forgot how fun and yummy those can be.
After dinner the kids got to play and enjoy the gorgeous sunset.
Next up it was time for s’mores and roasted Starburst candies… Yum!
Then, in an attempt to help them work off their sugar buzz the kids played night games with glow sticks while the grown ups got to visit. It was perfect.
Everyone had so much fun and the kids were so worn out. I guess I took too long getting them ready for bed, because I turned around and discovered that Emily had passed out in her tracks while still wearing her glow stick head band. That is the sign of a great day in the woods.
No comments:
Post a Comment