Monday, September 30, 2013

The Day Emily Got to Go Christmas Camping

Christmas camping this year was a big deal since it was Emily’s first year of actually getting to “camp,” and sleep downstairs with the girls under the tree.

Christmas Camping 12-1-12aChristmas Camping 12-1-12b

They were good about letting me take pictures but then Emily got a case of the sillies and it was contagious.  I would say, “1, 2, 3 – cheese!” and instead of smiling, she would yell “BLAST OFF!” and throw one arm in the air.  It was so funny, so naturally, Kate and Brooke joined in on the fun.  Two year old comediennes are the best.

Christmas camping - 1-2-3 Blast off 12-1-12aChristmas camping - 1-2-3 Blast off 12-1-12b

After we got over our case of the sillies, it was time for a Christmas Story – Llama Llama Holiday Drama – it is one of our favorites.

Christmas Story 12-1-12a

Then, Brooke wanted more “twinkle pictures.”  How could I refuse a request like that?

Christmas camping - Brooke 12-1-12cChristmas camping - Em & Brooke 12-1-12a

Up next, it was time to sleep.  The of course did a fake sleeping picture, but then Katelyn and Brooke crashed pretty fast.

Fake sleeping 12-1-12a

Emily, however, did not.  Apparently the anticipation of the awesomeness that is Christmas camping, had not worn off yet.

Sleeping Kate 12-1-12aSleeping Brooke 12-1-12a

She couldn’t sleep no matter how hard she tried, or who she snuggled up next to.

Em trying to go to sleep 12-1-12aEm trying to go to sleep 12-1-12bEm trying to go to sleep 12-1-12fEm trying to go to sleep 12-1-12d

It took her forever, but she finally fell asleep.  But in order to realize that, I had to find her first.  I came downstairs to check on their sleeping progress and thought for a moment that Emily was gone.  Then I looked at the foot of the bed and saw her in her favorite sleeping position – snuggled on Mr. Bear.

 Christmas Camping - finally asleep 12-1-12aSleeping Emily 12-1-12aSleeping Emily 12-1-12b

It was definitely a memorable year for Christmas camping and a tradition that will live on in our home.

1 comment:

melissa walker said...

All your Christmas posts are getting me in the holiday spirit! So fun and I love your traditions!