Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Day It was Finally Fall for Emily

2 Emily's 1st day of ballet - it's finally fall 9-9-13bEmily after her 1st ballet class 9-9-13a

Emily has been coming to the dance studio since she was two weeks old and she has been waiting for her turn to dance there ever since.  When she turned two, she insisted she was ready to start ballet, but I told her she had to wait until she was three.  So fast forward 12 months to her 3rd birthday and one of the first things she said to me that morning was, “Mom, I finally get to start ballet now!”  I immediately realized my error and quickly explained that she not only needed to be three but ALSO, it needed to be in the Fall.  She wasn’t sure what that meant, so about every three days she would ask me, “Is it Fall yet Mom?”  Realizing that this would continue all summer, I finally explained it in a way she could understand.  I told her that it would be Fall when the girls went back to school.  She seemed to understand and was ok with it, not happy, but OK.  She had a deadline to work with and she was willing to go with it.

Fast forward five months to the first day of school.  Katelyn and Brooke head out the door to school and even though she is sad to  see her sisters leave, she puts on a happy smile and says, “Mom!  I get to go to ballet today!” GULP.  Since dance classes don’t start until the first full week of school, I have to once again crush her hopes and dreams and tell her that it is only Wednesday and she will get to go to ballet in five more days when it is Monday.  It is a good thing she is a sweetheart.  She looked disappointed but said it was alright and that she understood.  Then in the sweetest voice ever she said, “Mom, I can’t wait for Monday.”  I’m surprised she didn’t make me put it in writing at that point, but thank goodness she trusted me, Monday came and it was time to dance.

3 Emily's 1st day of ballet - it's finally fall 9-9-13c3 Emily's 1st day of ballet - it's finally fall 9-9-13d

She was so excited and loved having a little tiny baby bun in her hair.  Her class was adorable and she loved every minute.  I think her favorite part was that Katelyn got to be one of the assistants in her class.  So not only did she finally get to take ballet, but she got to be in class with Katelyn.

Emily 1st ballet class at Isabelle's Dance Time 9-9-13cEmily 1st ballet class at Isabelle's Dance Time 9-9-13g

It was so fun to see them dance together and for her to finally be able to be a part of something our family loves so much and what an angelic Tiny Dancer she is…

So tired after her 1st day of ballet - Emily 9-9-13

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

She is the sweetest, cutest, most patient little ballerina!!