I have always had a love for all things related to organization. Especially office supplies made by 3M. I loved Scotch tape so much as a kid that my parents said I needed to marry a tape salesman. The funny thing is that Kyle almost accepted a job to work for Avery-Dennison. Coincidence? I think not.
One of my favorite office supplies is and always will be the Post-It note. Before Windows had a Post-it note program on the computer, I would cover my monitor with actual Post-It notes. I was way ahead of my time I guess. Anyway, last December when I was re-doing the girls’ rooms, they were all sleeping in one room. It made for late nights and lots of giggling. One evening in particular, Emily was having a hard time going to sleep. She kept coming in to the room I was working on and telling me she couldn’t go to sleep. I told her that she would NEVER go to sleep if she kept getting out of bed to complain about not sleeping. So I told her that she had to stay in bed (which at the time was just a space on the floor) and just find something to think about or do that was quiet and would help her sleep.
She disappeared and when I went in later on to check on her, I found that little sweetheart passed out on her “bed” surrounded by Post-It notes that had illegible but very deliberate three year old writing on them. Ahhhh, the apple doesn’t fall far from the OCD tree. Baby had to plan and make lists before Baby could sleep. That is the story of my life.
1 comment:
SO FUNNY!
Post a Comment