Monday, September 1, 2014

The Day They Finished 1st and 6th Grade

Since there is only one day left of summer vacation, I figured it was time to document the last day of school.

Everyone was so excited and our morning started with some silly girls.

Last Day of School 6-13-14 Silly Em & Brooke

Then it was time to send Katelyn off to the wolves middle school so she could finish 6th grade wearing her class of 2020 T-shirt.

  Last Day of School 6-13-14b Kate 6th gradeLast Day of School 6-13-14d Kate 6th grade

Sara even came over early so I could take their 8th Last Day of School picture of the two of them.  Man, I love these girls and I am so glad they have each other.

Last Day of School 6-13-14o Kate & Sara

Next up was Brooke who was super excited but super sad to say goodbye to her awesome teacher and friends.

 Last Day of School 6-13-14f Brooke 1st gradeLast Day of School 6-13-14g Brooke 1st grade

Finally we had Emily who was wrapping up another successful year as vice-President of Domestic Affairs.  I am pleased to announce that due to her faithful service and extraordinary performance, her position has been renewed for another term.

Last Day of School 6-13-14j EmilyLast Day of School 6-13-14h Emily

We were able to be there when the bell rang to pick up Brooke and say goodbye to her AMAZING teacher and friends, and we were so glad that Gram and Pop could be there to celebrate with us!

 Last Day of School 6-13-14m Mrs Morgan & BrookeLast Day of School 6-13-14l Pop Gram Emily & BrookeLast Day of School 6-13-14m Brooke & SaraLast Day of School 6-13-14m Kate & BrookeLast Day of School 6-13-14n Brooke Emily Kara & Kyle

Everyone was in such a good mood that they didn’t even mind when I requested a group shot before we headed out for lunch.

Last Day of School 6-13-14a Emily Kate & BrookeLast Day of School 6-13-14k Pop Gram Emily & Brooke

In keeping with tradition, we headed to Red Robin for a celebratory lunch.  I am so proud of these girls and all they accomplished this year.  I am grateful that they are such good students and that we have excellent schools and teachers to educate them. I am also thankful that we have summer’s off and can play like crazy – let the fun and games begin!

Red Robin lunch 6-13-14a BrookeRed Robin lunch 6-13-14b EmilyRed Robin lunch 6-13-14c Katelyn

1 comment:

Amy F. said...

With your calling, I'm surprised you find the time to blog at all! I love your family!