Friday, June 20, 2008

The Day Katelyn Got to "Break A Leg"

For Katelyn's dance recital this year, her ballet class got to be Orchids for their dance in the show. They were so darling and she did such a great job. This is her third year of ballet but this was the first time that her class has performed without their assistant teachers being on stage with them. I was a little nervous to see how it would go, but the girls all did such a great job and looked beautiful.
The other exciting part was that Gram was able to be there for the recital this year. We had so much fun watching the show and both teared up when our little ballerina came out on stage. Kyle kept Brooke happy playing outside on the grass until intermission and then they came in to enjoy the show. I love watching Katelyn do such a great job dancing and see her have a wonderful time doing it. But my second favorite part of the evening was when Brooke saw her sister on stage and yelled "Sissy!" ( you can totally hear it in the video). It was so cute and sums up how Brooke feels about her amazing big sister.

After the show is when Katelyn really gets excited. They have a cast party in a big room across from the auditorium with lots of food. Katelyn loves the party. Here she is with her teacher Isabelle and assistant teachers from her first two years of ballet, Shawnee and Brittney.Even though it was two hours past Brooke's bed time, she was also a big fan of the party once she discovered the cake. She was so tired but really wanted more... she would do her sign for "more" while sitting in Kyle's lap because she was too tired to even say it.

It was a great night and we were so glad Gram to be there with us to enjoy it. Congratulations Katelyn on all of your hard work - you are a beautiful dancer!

Here is a bootleg video of her dance... it's pretty hard to see but gives you an idea of how cute they were. Once they go into their 2 lines at the beginning of the dance, Katelyn is in the front row on the left.

6 comments:

day in the life of a prince said...

Katelyn looks adorable in that outfit!! It looks like such a fun night!

Elizabeth Caldwell said...

It is so wonderful to watch your child be excited about something. I hope that she will continue to dance and perform for many years to come. It is clear that she is enjoying herself, and in the end that is what it is all about... if the practice of the art does not bring joy, what is the point?

Well done Katelyn!

The Sadler Crew said...

Oh Ash! She looks so beautiful. Can you believe how fast time has flown by? I remember the day I found out you were pregnant with her. It seems like a lifetime ago. You have such a beautiful family and it is wonderful to see you all so happy. You deserve nothing less my friend!

jessica said...

I love her costume! And I love that you have bootlegged footage.

Oh and Kyle seriously needs to practice smiling for the camera...

Jessica said...

Those costumes are seriously gorgeous (I'd heard that Isabelle did pretty costumes)...I think I want to go to her instead next year.

Meghann said...

She looks so beautiful! I can't wait to get Lucy involved in dance.

I'm so impressed with Brooke. It's never too late for cake sweetie.