come over to celebrate being 1st graders. To find some neutral ground they started the event off by playing the Wii. After that it was time for lunch on the deck - they thought it was great and were happy to pose for a "1st grade" photo.
After lunch it was time to swim and even though the pool turned out to be about half the size we thought it was based on the photo on the box, none of the kids seemed to mind and were ready to play.They spent time swimming,
splashing, chasing & relaxing... all key components of being 1st graders. At one point Bradley was visiting with me and said in a very serious tone "I had NO idea that Katelyn's house would be so cool." I like him.
Brooke also had some fun even though
she mostly watched from the sidelines... it was a bit too crazy for her to join in but she loved being outside and is definitely glad to have her sister home during the day now that school is out.
They finished up the party by coming back inside to play some more Wii as well as a few board games. Everyone had a great time but my favorite part was when she pulled me aside and said "Mom, this is seriously the greatest day of my life." So it seems that we are ready for summer vacation and I am happy just staying right here.
3 comments:
What a fun idea! What a nice mom you are!! :)
It sounds like you are going to have one great summer. It is amazing how the little things in life are so rewarding. The only thing I wish is that we could be together to share the fun times. I miss you and love you tons. When are you coming back to your real home??
I need to be brave enough to host a kids swim party. It sounds like fun. Brooke and Katelyn are looking more and more like each other.
Post a Comment