
We were lucky enough to kick off Katelyn's summer vacation with a visit from Gram(aka my mom). So we decided it would be fun to go see the sights in downtown Spokane. We started with a fun lunch at Madeleine's. It's a French Provencal cafe with spectacular food and great atmosphere. We had a wonderful lunch and then headed over to Riverfront Park to feed the ducks. This is one of Katelyn's favorite activities - she'd been planning on taking Gram there for weeks. Brooke hasn't fed ducks since she became a toddler so this was her "first" time as a participating big kid. She loved it too! The only problem was (in true Brookie fashion), she wanted to hug and kiss our fowl friends. Katelyn stayed very busy trying to keep all the ducks fed and always includes the little sparrows. The Seagulls make her mad though because they take the bread from the ducks. It is so cute to watch her trying to take such good care of all of them. Brooke eventually lost interest in the ducks and became fascinated with the stairs behind us.

After climbing them about a million times, she discovered the Loof Carousel so that was our next stop. Everybody had a great time and we rode until we were dizzy.Then it was time for a snow cone and some play time on the grass. It was a beautiful day and so fun to just relax and enjoy being outside.

Then, per Katelyn's request we went for a Gondola ride over the Spokane River Falls. Katelyn had been on it once before so I knew she would be OK, but wasn't sure how Brooke would do with the height part. Of course she
was fine and used the moving gondola as a dance floor. She also loved waving at everyone who passed by. The falls were spectacular and we had a great day with Gram.

Here is a video of some the fun.
7 comments:
It looks like you had such a fun time. I pose the question to you again, however, when are you coming HOME??? I know, snap into reality Sadler. If wishes were fishes, I'd have a bowlful.
Such a cute post. Your little Brooke is just an angel - it's so cute how she wants to hug all of the animals. She has a special heart. I wanted to know if you've run into Erik Fillmore in Spokanne? I know Spokanne is large, but maybe you've seen him at church meetings. He was in our Philadelphia ward and if I remember correctly, he was going to open up an endodontic practice in Spokanne. Just curious.
I think I recognize those steps... hm...
That video was DARLING! Brooke quacking is so cute. Clara can do a mean "woof" sound herself.
How fun! Seeing all those fun things made me miss you guys even more!
a. I thought Madeleine's shut down??
b. If you need more guest entertainment ideas, head on over to my long-winded post today.
You're the first person who's been to Madeleine's, that I know. I can't wait to go there sometime! I've wanted to for a while now.
I'm so glad Spokane has such a fun downtown.
Brooke's bottom teeth are too cute for words.
Post a Comment