Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Day We Went to Kindergarten Field Day

So today was Kindergarten Track & Field Day and even though the weather had been dicey all week, it managed to hold off and the kids were able to have a ball. They had Jumping Castles and all sorts of games and races.

When Brooke and I arrived, Katelyn was so happy to see us. She was excited to show us how fast she could run in the what I decided to call the "Giant Men's Dress Shirt Relay." Her friends were all excited to show off for Brooke too - they are such darling kids and Brooke thinks everything they do is so cool.

Katelyn has loved her class and they had a great time with Field Day. We also had a chance to get a photo with her teacher Mrs. Grant.
The day before, Katelyn was talking to my mom and said, "Mrs. Grant has her wand all warmed up but she is going to keep us just a little bit longer before she uses it to turn us into first graders." I started crying. It was so cute. At the end of Track & Field Day I asked to take a picture of her with some of her buddies. They were all so excited and when I said "OK, look like first graders!" This is what they did. I can already tell that I am going to love first grade too.

6 comments:

kninsa said...

I love reading your blog. How do you manage to take so many pictures? I always forget to.

jessica said...

You will LOVE first grade and so will Katelyn. The all day thing is hard for like a day and then it rocks!

day in the life of a prince said...

Katelyn is so cute! I love her comment about Mrs. Grants wand!! I also agree with Jessica though, 1st grade is great, except for the 1st day!!

Meghann said...

Love the Giant Men's Shirt Relay, I'm still laughing.

Kristin Menzie said...

Mrs Grant sounds great! I love the comment about the wand too. I can't believe what a big girl she is! Any fun plans for the summer?

AMY said...

mysamThat is a way cute kindergarten group. What a great idea for a field trip.