Friday, November 21, 2008

The Day We Celebrated Pop's Birthday

This year will be the first time we won't see Gram and Pop for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. So, before my dad's busy season with work got started they came to see us in Spokane. We had lots of time to just hang out, play games and visit. We even got to do an early birthday celebration for Pop.

Kate playing Sorry with Gram 11-20-08Katelyn loved playing games with Gram and challenging Pop on the Wii. I had several new recipes that I was anxious to try - and my mom and Katelyn were the "sous chefs." It is always so much fun to cook with my mom. When she isn't there, I have to call her and ask her cooking questions, so having her in the kitchen with me is convenient and fun. Katelyn has been helping out in the kitchen since she was two and a half - it is so neat because now I don't have to invent tasks - she is going to be a great cook someday.

Reading with Pop 11-21-08Brooke loved hanging out with Gram and Pop too. They read books together and relaxed on the couch and watched TV too. Right after we picked them up from the airport we stopped at Costco. My dad needed to make a phone call so he stayed in the van. As we walked toward the entrance Brooke watching TV with Pop 11-20-08with out him, Brooke in a panicked voice said "Pop? Pop? Pop?" It was so cute to see her looking out for him. He was worried that she might not remember him, but she definitely knew exactly who he was and that he belongs around her little finger.

We also had a chance to go out by the lake to play and take some pictures. It was such a beautiful day and everyone had a great time playing on the fun new play structure they added at the county park.

Pop and Brooke 11-20-08aMom and Dad 4x6 crop1 no color correctionFamily Shot 1

Watching Kung Fu 11-21-08That evening we celebrated Pop's birthday (2 days early) with a nice dinner and dessert, followed by watching Kung Fu Panda and then looking at my dad's slides from when he was in the navy. It was such a fun visit and we want them to know how much we appreciate them coming just to hang out with us.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

your parents look like the BEST grandparents in the world! you can tell that your girls just love them.

i forgot you lived in Spokane. I have a friend of mine that just moved there, and my cousin will be moving there in Feb. I need to find out where each of them live to find out if you are in their ward. I am sure it is a BIG city but you just never know! :)

AMY said...

Your pictures turned out great - were they taken by Jessica? I love the bridge picture.

We love spending time with grandparents too!

Audrey said...

Don't you love when grandma and grandpa come to town. I just love it!!! IT is fun to spend time with them and have some extra hands in the kitchen. I found your blog off of Jessicas' I hope that is ok.

The Sadler Crew said...

Looks like you had a great time. I bet it is hard to be away for both holidays. I love you and I am thinking of you.

Tammy said...

OK. I just want to say that I LOVE This post! Your parents are so cute and I miss them like crazy! I am so glad that you got to have a fun visit with them to celebrate the holidays and Carlos' birthday! My cute little Francita looks so good too! I love your parents so much and I hope that your Dad had a great birthday! LOVE you guys!!

The Law Spot said...

Ok, your dad and Brooke are SO precious!