Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Day We Had HSM GNO

Katelyn Sara and Hailey 11-22-08aThis year the evil geniuses at Disney decided to present an ice show that we couldn't resist. So Katelyn and I went to see High School Musical on Ice with her BFF Sara and Sara's mom and older sister Hailey. We decided that it just wouldn't be "Girls' Night Out" without going to dinner too, so we ended up at Katelyn and Hailey's favorite restaurant - Subway. Sara 11-22-08aKatelyn 11-22-08a

Katelyn Sara and Hailey 11-22-08bAfter a fun dinner full of lots of laughs and giggly girls, we headed to the Arena. We we three rows up Katelyn and Mom 11-22-08afrom the ice, so it was really cool to see everything up close. The only problem is that the ice skaters look a lot less like the characters in the show when you are that close, so for Act 2 we moved up to the top of the lower bowl to see things from a different perspective.

The show was excellent and we had so much fun. Laura and I weren't embarrassed that we knew every word to every song. The girls didn't seem to mind either - we definitely sang a lot louder when we moved up to our second set of seats - It was great! HSM on Ice 11-22-08c

HSM on Ice 11-22-08bHSM on Ice 11-22-08a

Katelyn's favorite parts included the hot pink golf cart that they drove around on the ice and the fireworks waterfall. I loved getting to do something so fun with my sweet daughter and our friends. Kyle loved that he didn't have to go and Brooke didn't know what she was missing, so everybody was happy.

Katelyn and Sara 11-22-08bThe girls were definitely worn out after the show and as you can tell from the picture, Katelyn was cold. All three girls passed out from exhaustion before we made it home... the sign of a truly great Girls' Night Out.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Disney on Ice was here a month ago and it was not HSM! I am a little disappointed. Amanda and I would SO be there if it was HSM. And we would be singing every word to all the songs too - I can totally admit that I love it just as much as she does! It seems like they come every 6 months or so to the formerly known as the Delta Center. Maybe next time they are here it will be HSM for us too! What a fun GNO!! Brian would be thrilled to just let me go with the girls and not have to be bored to death during one of those events.

melissa walker said...

Afton and I would have totally joined you--its so fun to have girls' night with little girls!