Emily’s first outing was to visit the doctor’s office for her weight check. She didn’t mind the outing and everything looked good. She wasn’t gaining weight yet, but they weren’t too worried and said they would check her again on Friday. The doctor took a peek at her and said she was perfect. She mentioned
that she was starting to look “a little yellow” but nothing serious, so they would see us Friday to make sure she was starting to bulk back up.
We spent the rest of the day playing and hanging out with Gram and Pop at home. Brooke played dress up and the girls put on shows to entertain us while Emily slept on Pop’s shoulder.
After lunch, Gram and Pop tried to take the girls to the park but the weather turned south so they ended up at Chuck E. Cheese. They had a great time while Emily and I hung out at home. She rested peacefully and was her usual snuggly self. I somehow didn’t notice the change that was happening with her skin color. Kyle and I should have realized that two people as us, couldn't possibly have a baby with an olive complexion. I also should have realized that she was starting to look like less like a baby and more like an Oompa Loompa. But all I noticed was that sweet little face.
No comments:
Post a Comment