Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Day We Learned About Feeling Beautiful

Baby Emily 3-31-10a

One thing that I have learned after having three beautiful little daughters is that your baby is always beautiful.  I really think that no matter what they actually look like, when you are the mom, all you see is a perfect beautiful baby.  But it is so fun when friends and loved ones come by and share in your sentiment, that you DO indeed have a beautiful baby.  There is something so fun about looking at newborn babies and all of their miniature parts and tiny features.

Sue & Emily 4-1-10 When Emily was four days old, my friend Sue stopped by to see her.  As soon as she saw Emily, she exclaimed, “Ashley, you didn’t tell me that she was SO beautiful!”  At that moment, Emily did a big smile in her sleep.  She definitely liked the compliment and appreciated being admired. 

My friend Alli has a quote on her wall that reads, “Being beautiful is easy, but feeling beautiful is Baby Emily 3-31-10beverything.”  I hope Emily, Brooke and Katelyn will always feel beautiful and remember how beautiful they are both inside and out. 

I wish I had gotten a picture of her beautiful little smile when she heard Sue’s compliment, but instead, here are some photos of her at three days old.

Baby Emily 3-31-10cBaby Emily 3-31-10d

3 comments:

Monika said...

Oh she is BEAUTIFUL! I miss you and am so sad I am missing this precious time.

Rani said...

Oh those are great pictures! She is absolutely beautiful, all your girls are! I miss them!

The Sadler Crew said...

Ya, not sure who this "Sue" is but I think she is taking MY spot. UGH, I am SO mad you aren't here. But I love you and I can't believe what a magnificently beautiful family you have. You are truly blessed.