On April 28, 2010 baby Emily turned one month old and continued to melt our hearts. She now weighs 9 lbs 3 oz (50th percentile) and loves life and we love having her in our family.
She is a happy baby and loves to eat. When she wakes up, she is immediately ready for food. Once her belly is full, she enjoys observing the family, especially her entertaining sisters. After her awake time, if you time it right and lay her down before she is “too tired,” she will peacefully drift off to sleep. But if you miss that window of opportunity, plan on swaddling her in her favorite blanket and rocking her to sleep. Personally, I like both options because they just don’t stay little for very long.
Emily loves to snuggle and is a “junkie” when it comes to being held. We of course are happy to accommodate and engage in that addiction. As a side note, her jaundice is much better but she still photographs like a pumpkin every once in awhile.
In one short month, Emily has become a lot more alert. Brooke gets very excited about the “awake version” of her baby sister. She will be hanging out by Emily and say “Look Mom! Hers is awake! Hers eyes are open!!!” Brooke also finally participated in feeding Emily. She was nervous about giving her a bottle, but once I got her started she really enjoyed it.
Katelyn loves hanging out with Emily and is always anxious to feed her. They have great staring contests too. Emily also loves to lay underneath her baby jungle gym in the living room while listening to Katelyn practice the piano. Katelyn loves having a captive audience and the whole process usually ends with Emily dozing off to sleep.
Emily is always making us smile – whether it is when she looks crazily at us with her periodically crossed newborn eyes or when she is smiling at us. Her first “real” (non gas related) smile was on April 15th. I wasn’t expecting it, so I didn’t get a photo but I will never forget it. She was happily relaxing on her changing table and while we were “talking” to each other she gave me a grin that went from ear to ear… that is my favorite “trick” during the first few months, along with sleeping for more than a few consecutive hours.
Emily loves sitting in her bouncy seat and watching all the fun around her. I am sure she is taking mental notes on all the fun she is going to have with her sisters. We love our girls so much and have had such a wonderful first month with Emily in our home.
2 comments:
I LOVE that little feet picture!!!
Those pictures are adorable! I love those cute feet and it is so fun to see how your girls adore Emily!
Post a Comment