So Brooke’s purse fetish has continued and has started to drive me crazy. I don’t mind the purses, but I do mind the millions of tiny little items that she packs away in them. She loves packing her purses, but unpacking them NEVER goes well. So, I took the mature approach to remedy the problem and have instituted a “purse ban.” It broke her heart, but she complied.
The first morning of the ban, she came downstairs with a princess backpack and said, “Mom, is this a purse?” I told her it was and she disappointedly returned it to her room. But later on, she found a loophole. She realized that purses and all bag-like items were out, so she moved on to things that were containers. As you can see in the photos below, she went with an envelop from a stationary set and three of the stacking cups. Basically, if it holds her “stuff” it will do. I was so proud of her “workaround” that I still haven’t place a ban on packing up containers. It was so funny to watch her carry it all around with her – it wasn’t as convenient as a purse with a strap or handle, but she made it work. She is such a cutie, but I am pretty sure that someday she will be a feature story on show “Hoarders.”
1 comment:
I still find purses, backpacks, containers, etc...with random things in them. It drives me crazy!
Post a Comment