So today baby Emily turned 6 weeks old and we had the opportunity to bless her at Church, all while celebrating Mother’s Day. It was a wonderful day filled with lots of smiles from Emily. You can usually get her to do one of her signature grins if she catches your eye while you tell her that she is a “pretty girl.” She can’t resist a compliment. There is nothing quite like a baby grinning when she sees you or hears your voice. It melts my heart every time.
Emily looked so beautiful and her sisters loved seeing her in the same blessing dress and shoes that they both wore when they were blessed. Kyle did a wonderful job and Emily didn’t make a peep thanks to the bottle that dad took with him to keep her happy. It worked like a charm.
It was such a special day and we had so much fun celebrating together. Kyle dazzled us with some of the most incredible food I’ve ever tasted. I would post the recipes, but he didn’t use any – he invented every dish he made. It started out with French toast he created by using one egg, a stick of butter, caramel flavoring, vanilla extract, milk and German brown sugar. It was amazing and I am sure it was healthy since you didn’t have to put any butter on it – it was sooo good.
For dinner he created crab stuffed chicken with a butter cream sauce, his signature dish - Potatoes Emily, chilled berry soup, Texas cheese toast, buttered carrots, strawberry cream daiquiris. We all ate so much it hurt, and then we ate more. It was an amazing meal, but more importantly, I have an amazing family. Thank you all so much for a wonderful day. I love you all so much.
Emily enjoyed her special day too, but by the time dinner was over, she was definitely worn out from all the festivities as evidenced by this picture.
7 comments:
That picture of her smiling is PERFECT! You all look beautiful, well-rested, and happy.
And chilled berry soup?? REALLLY?! Holy Moly I'm impressed! (I want to visit you guys so that Kyle can make me the baconator thingy....)
your pictures are SO darn cute!!! what a sweet little baby, lucky you to have three beautiful girls :)
I love Miss Smiley! What a patoot! The girls all looks so pretty and the food sounded delicious!
So much cuteness in one post. I love the picture of Emily snoozing on your lap at the end. So adorable! I definitely want to taste all the food Kyle made.
what a sweet and beautiful family! Great food, and a lovely blessing day - not bad! Enjoy it all...
I can't believe I missed it! Emily looks like a dolly...
That Kyle out did himself again, that guy is such a foodie it cracks me up!
I loved the pictures! I enjoyed reading about Kyle's culinary expertise too. Nice to have a man that's good in the kitchen!
Post a Comment