Just one day before turning the ripe old age of 2 months, Emily went on her 1st road trip to meet her aunts, uncles and cousins in Boise. Despite the 440 mile drive, she did remarkably well. Katelyn and Brooke also enjoyed the trip and spent most of the time playing with the adorable travel kits that my friend Shanna made for them. With Kyle at the wheel, Katelyn and Brooke played, and Emily observed while I held a binkie in her mouth.
Our dinner stop was at Subway, which is always a crowd pleaser. It even made Emily smile.
One advantage to getting a late start on a road trip is that the last part of it usually involves sleeping children. I am still not sure what Katelyn was doing with the middle seat belt strap, but I am pretty sure you will see our family in the next Toyota Sienna commercial based on these photos alone. Emily was also asleep but I was too afraid that the flash might wake her up… as they say, “Let sleeping dogs lie.”
Thanks to Kyle’s adept driving skills, we made it through the pouring rain (that latest almost the entire drive) and arrived safely in Boise just after midnight. Even though it was late, Grandma Carol, Aunt Jill, Aunt Rani, Jaleese and Bug were there to greet us and meet baby Emily. It was so sweet of them and definitely made the long drive worthwhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment