Monday, July 7, 2014

The Day We Had A Garden Party

Planting 5-3-14jPlanting 5-3-14i

When May rolled around this year, we were extra anxious to get our garden planed.  Since our seeds didn’t fare so well this year, the girls seemed to really take extra care with their outdoor planting.

Planting 5-3-14a KatelynPlanting 5-3-14c Katelyn & EmilyPlanting 5-3-14g Brooke

They are so good at planting now that I just offer assistance when needed and take pictures.  We also love to talk about Great Grandma Hardy and Great Grandpa Hardy as we garden, since they are the ones that taught me how to garden with my mom many years ago.

Planting 5-3-14d Katelyn & EmilyPlanting 5-3-14e BrookePlanting 5-3-14m

I know they’d be so proud of the girls and their love for gardening.  I also know that Great Grandma Hardy would love their cute little gardening bags and matching tools.

Planting 5-3-14j BrookePlanting 5-3-14ba KatelynPlanting 5-3-14j Emily

Planting together is really one of our favorite spring activities and I hope we will be able to continue our gardening tradition long after I am not the one taking the pictures any more but am part of the stories being told.

No comments: