Monday, July 7, 2014

The Day We Sowed Our Seeds

Planting seeds 4-1-14a Brooke Emily  KatelynPlanting seeds 4-1-14b Katelyn Brooke & Emily

One of our favorite parts of spring is planting our seeds and watching them grow indoors.  It makes the cold and wet spring days seem a little brighter some how.  So this year, we picked the 1st nice day when all three girls were home at the same time and got our seeds started.  The girls are so good at planting and all did a great job making sure there planting box was perfect.

Planting seeds 4-1-14c Emily Katelyn & EmilyPlanting seeds 4-1-14f EmilyPlanting seeds 4-1-14d BrookePlanting seeds 4-1-14e Katelyn

The each picked  our the flowers they wanted to try this year and made cute signs to put in the pots marking their starts.  They also got some tomatoes going.

Planting seeds 4-1-14i EmilyPlanting seeds 4-1-14g Brooke Planting seeds 4-1-14h Katelyn

The seeds all did great and we had oodles of tiny plants ready to go outside.  Until I took them outside a day too early and they ALL died.  Actually, a few of Emily’s lived but I knew the other two girls would be mad, so I killed the few survivors and chalked the entire endeavor up as a loss.  It turned out to not be that big of a deal since we didn’t do the garage sale this year and that’s where they sale their plants and I was perfectly happy to buy a giant tomato plant at Costco. 

No comments: