Monday, February 2, 2009

The Day Katelyn Took A Sick Day

Over the weekend Katelyn had a nasty run in with the flu. Unfortunately her illness reared its ugly head at Great Clips and it is safe to say that we won't be going back there anytime soon. It hit both girls on Sunday but by Sunday night they seemed like they were doing better. We decided to play it safe though and kept Katelyn home from school on Monday just to make sure that food would be her friend again.

We had a good day and the girls thoroughly enjoyed being home together. Other than being low on energy, they both felt good enough to play and hang out and reintroduce themselves to food. During Brooke's nap, Katelyn started working on her Valentines and that's when we decided to do a Valentine pedicure. So she picked red toes with white hearts and we went for it. It was so fun and Katelyn loves her love toes. The only downside to them she said is that it isn't flip flop season... I couldn't agree more. I love those little toes and even though I am glad she's better, we had a great "sick" day and loved having her home with us all day.

Katelyn's Heart toes 2-2-09

2 comments:

Shem said...

So cute. Now I want a pedicure too.

AMY said...

I didn't know they could paint hearts so small.

I wish sick days here were that fun.