Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Day We Planted the Garden

Planting day 6-8-10a

So this year, between a new baby and a very wet spring, we didn’t start planting our garden until the beginning of June.  Brooke and I spent the day weeding and trimming and by the time school was out, we were ready for the planting to begin. 

Katelyn invited her good friends Anna and Sara to join us for the fun.  I’ve never seen such a darling group of gardeners in all my life.

They had a great time digging, raking and planting together.  I love gardening, but gardening with kids is even better.  Their enthusiasm is amazing and it always takes me back to when I was little and would garden with my mom and grandpa… good times.

Planting day Anna Sara Kate & Brooke 6-8-10aPlanting day Brooke & Anna 6-8-10aPlanting day Sara & Brooke 6-8-10aPlanting day Kate 6-8-10bPlanting day Sara & Kate 6-8-10aPlanting day Brooke & Kate 6-8-10aPlanting day Brooke & Kate 6-8-10bPlanting day Kate 6-8-10cPlanting day Brooke 6-8-10aPlanting day Kate 6-8-10aPlanting day Brooke 6-8-10b

Swinging Brooke 6-8-10aThey got everything planted and worked really hard - and as you can see in this photo, some of them played even harder.

No comments: