Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Day Josh & Jaleese Got Married

Josh & Jaleese - Twin Falls 7-28-11aJosh & Jaleese - Twin Falls 7-28-11b

On July 28th, Josh and Jaleese got married and we couldn’t be happier about it.  I had grand plans for the post I would do documenting their amazing wedding.  It was such a wonderful weekend that included a perfect wedding, an amazing reception and a fun family too.  However, since they just celebrated their six month anniversary and because there are hundreds of photos I would still need to go through, I decided to save all that for our family yearbook and just post a few pictures from that wonderful weekend.

I first met Jaleese in 1999 when she was ten.  She and Bug (who was almost 8 at the time) became my instant best buddies.  They were (and still are) adorable and I loved that I got to become their aunt when I married Kyle.  Below is a picture of me with Krista, Jaleese and Bug on the day Kyle and I got married.  I loved seeing my girls with them on Jaleese’s wedding day too.  My how time flies…

Kate Jaleese Brooke 7-28-11Krista Jaleese Ashley & Bug 9-4-99Kate Jaleese & Brooke 7-29-11Kate Bug & Brooke @ reception 7-29-11

The Hansen Family 7-29-11We were so excited for Josh and Jaleese to get married.  We absolutely love Josh and that is saying a lot, because I expect perfection for these girls.  He is so good to her and fits in great with the family.  He made a really big impression on my girls too.  He made such an effort to get to know them and play with them, that they immediately loved him.  But my favorite Josh memory was one afternoon when he walked into the room carrying Jaleese the way a knight in shining armor would carry his princess.  Someone asked him why he was carrying her and he said, “Because she is too precious to walk.”  The best part is that he TOTALLY meant it.  He absolutely loves and adores Jaleese.  Katelyn and Brooke thought that was so cute, so now, anytime I carry them, they will quote Josh and say it is because they are too precious to walk.  I couldn’t agree more.

Hansen Clan 7-29-11

Here are some family pictures we too right before the reception started.

Josh & Jaleese's wedding 7-29-11The Hansen girls 7-29-11Dallan Jaleese Josh & Bug 7-29-11Hansen Kids 7-29-`11

We also tried to get a picture of the three one year old babies together.  As you can see in the photo below, they had other plans. 

Brooke Pong & Adele 7-29-11

We tried to get a shot of the younger group of cousins too. As their photo shows, they too were thrilled with the idea.

Cousins at the reception 7-19-11

I love these pictures of two of my girls.  They had so much fun being a part of Josh and Jaleese’s special day and we are so glad that Josh is part of our family!

Brooke @ reception 7-29-11Kate @ reception 7-29-11

@ reception 7-29-11bReception 7-29-11Josh& Jaleese @ reception 7-29-11bWedding cake 7-29-11Josh & Jaleese @ reception 7-29-11

We love you guys and are so happy for you both.  Thanks for letting us share your special day with you.  Congratulations!

No comments: