Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Day Brookie Finally Felt Five

Brooke - 5 years old 2-6-12b

Even though Brooke was super excited to turn five and said she had a great birthday, she kept telling us that she “didn’t quite feel five yet.”  It was really cute because I could tell that it bothered her.  Her life’s goal is to be big like Katelyn, so I think she was really hoping for a noticeable change on or shortly after her birthday. 

 

So, about four weeks after her birthday, I took her to have her picture taken.  When we got there, Betty Ann had some fun wooden letters that spelled five and a number 5 that she used in a few of the photos.  Brooke was THRILLED to have a visual acknowledgement and confirmation of her oldness.  Because as we all know, oldness = awesomeness.. for awhile anyway. 

Brooke - 5 years old 2-6-12aBrooke - 5 years old 2-6-12dBrooke - 5 years old 2-6-12e

About halfway through the shoot, the photographer stepped out for just a moment.  Brooke looked over at me with a huge grin on her face and said, “Mom!  I feel five now!”  I’m so glad the photos helped do the trick.

Brooke - 5 years old 2-6-12gBrooke - 5 years old 2-6-12fBrooke - 5 years old 2-6-12c

1 comment:

sarah said...

You are so good about getting there pictures taken. She's such a doll :)