The girls have recently discovered a new favorite pastime… riding the daddy horse. They typically don’t take turns either. They all want to saddle up at the same time. They are lucky that Kyle is such a good sport. Emily always takes the one spot and rides on his neck. Katelyn and Brooke rotate between the middle and back… who ever is on the end has to hold on because this daddy horse has been known to take them for a wild ride.
One of the first times they discovered this glorious pet, they decided they needed to keep Kyle motivated to give them a fun ride. When he got tired, Katelyn ran and got a chocolate bar and fed him pieces until he regained his strength. It’s a good thing she knew not to bring him oats or carrots for motivation.
Riding the daddy horse has become a routine now. If Kyle is holding still and if he is sitting somewhere where they can easily mount up, they do it and they always attack in threes.
I love watching the girls ride the daddy horse and it definitely takes me back to when I got to ride my daddy horse with my cousins, Paige and Brooke. This is a picture of us in 1980 during one of our cousin sleepovers. As you can see in the photo, Pop usually had more of a Quasimodo vibe going on than just going with a horse persona. Either way, it rocked and we rode. I am so grateful for fun dads that do just about anything to humor their girls.
2 comments:
I love the blast from the past photo with you and your cousins darling girl!
This is so cute! I LOVE the photo of your dad with all the cousins! That is awesome!
Post a Comment