Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Day We Learned About Our Garbage Pail Kid

Remember Garbage Pail Kids (circa 1985)?  Well I had forgotten about them completely, until tonight.  We’d just finished watching the Super Bowl and were done consuming Kyle’s awesome Super Bowl food.  Katelyn and Brooke were upstairs getting ready for bed, Kyle was in the living room and I was doing a few dishes.  Emily was intently watching her nightly episode of her favorite show, “Bubble Guppies,” and she kept asking me for help.  I refused to comply because her request was ridiculous.  She was trying to get into a garbage can and wanted me to help put her in there.  It was the can from my craft area that I had just emptied and hadn’t taken back downstairs.  I told her “No Emily, I’m not going to help you get in a garbage can.”  Then I laughed and went back to my dishes and chatting with my mom on the phone.

About five minutes later, Katelyn and Brooke came downstairs and said, “Mom!  You’ve got to come see Emily!”  Sure enough she’d pulled the garbage can over to the recliner, climbed into the chair and slid down into the can.  She wanted to watch her show from the comfort of a garbage can and she wasn’t going to let my lack of helpfulness stop her.  Emily gets what Emily wants.  Fortunately, the process and result usually result in some fun pictures.

 

 

1 comment:

Nana Shanna said...

That girl's going to go places! Seriously, with that kind of determination AND innovation...watch old world. Here she comes!