Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The We Had Breakfast with Minnie & Friends

**** Warning: This blog contains an obscene amount of pictures and is about to get worse.  The purpose of this blog is to document the adventures of our family and put some journaling with the bazillion photos that I take.  That way if/when I ever scrapbook again, I will know what to write about the things we did.  If you do not want to see WAY TOO many pictures of our family, stop reading now.  The documentation that is about to happen of our Disney adventure will add new meaning to the term overkill.  Remember, you’ve been  warned.

Disneyland 3-3-13e

To start our magical adventure, I lead our crew to Sleeping Beauty’s Castle for the obligatory family photo.  I am so glad I did because this picture makes me so happy every day.  Right after photo time we headed to the Plaza Inn for Breakfast with Minnie & Friends. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Breakfast with Minnie & Friends 3-3-13aI was thrilled that the first thing they did was take another group picture of us.  Then it was time for an awesome breakfast filled with lots of fun characters.   I can also confirm that it truly is all you can eat, as evidenced by the amount of bacon we consumed.  Additionally, anything shaped like Mickey Mouse tastes better than the same food not in mouse form.  I can’t tell you why, it just does. 

 

 

 

 

 

I was so glad that Emily enjoyed meeting the characters.  She loved interacting with them and was fascinated with the autograph process.  She loved uncapping the pen for them and watching them sign their name.  I loved watching her.  It was just like watching Brooke (at a slightly younger age), thoroughly enjoy the characters and their furry goodness.

Dale & Emily 3-3-13aMinnie & Emily 3-3-12bMinnie & Brooke 3-3-12aTigger Emily Kate & Brooke 3-3-2013c

We got to meet Dale and Minnie…

Dale Emily Kate & Brooke 3-3-13cMinnie & the Hansen girls 3-3-13a

... and Tigger and Winnie the Pooh...

Pooh & the Hansen girls 3-3-13d

… followed by Eeyore, Max and Fairy Godmother.

Eeyore Brooke Em & Kate 3-3-13Max & Emily 3-3-13aFairy Godmother & Brooke 3-3-13b

Brooke and Emily loved getting each character’s autograph and posing for pictures.  Katelyn felt a little too old to collect autographs herself so “helping” gave her a great excuse to participate and still feel like a big kid.

Surprisingly, one of our most memorable character visits took place toward the end of our meal when Alice and the Mad Hatter came by our table.  They were so funny and had us all laughing.  The girls’ favorite part was when the Mad Hatter sang the birthday song.  “Here’s your birthday song, it isn’t very long, HEY!”  The banter between Alice and the Mad Hatter was hilarious.

Mad Hatter & Alice 3-3-13a

Another highlight was getting to bounce with Tigger…

Tigger & Brooke 3-3-2013bTigger & Emily 3-3-2013a

The only character Emily wasn’t fond of was Fairy Godmother.  I am not sure what that means, but it was a bit awkward.  She was also leery of Captain Hook but after he let her examine his hook they were buddies.

It was such a fun and yummy breakfast and a great way to start our adventures in Disneyland.

2 comments:

melissa walker said...

First, I can't believe how big Emily is getting! And your family photos are so cute--looks like you coordinated all the outfits and everything! I love all things Disney, so I love seeing your family there!

Jennifer said...

I love your blog and all these great pictures of your family! Just makes me smile to see all the happy faces in one of my most favorite places in the world.