Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Day I Got Two Flowers

Today my girls had a wonderful surprise for me after church.  With the help of their wonderful Primary teachers, they each presented me with a flower frame holding pictures of them.  The pictures were taken a few weeks ago… Katelyn of course was smiling (squinting a little from the sun) and happy to comply with the process.  Brooke felt differently about the process…

Mother's Day Flowers 5-10-09

She loves going to nursery, but a few weeks ago she wasn’t in the mood to be there without me for some reason.  She was sad when I left and kept asking the nursery teachers to help her “go find mommy please.”  They did a good job stalling and distracting her and she was fine.  Then they headed outside to take the picture and that reminded her about her quest to find me.  She thought she was on her way but instead was instructed to smile and  say cheese… as you can see from her flower photo, she was not a fan of this alternate plan.  It is good to know that Brooke will always let people know exactly how she feels.  I love my girls so much and appreciate their unique personalities.

7 comments:

jessica said...

That face is hilarious! Now you will always remember that Sunday.

Christina B. said...

That picture is so cute! Hopefully Brooke will get a laugh from it when she is older too. I love that she says please after asking to go find her Mom. She not only knows what she wants, she also has great manners! :)

The Merricks said...

Love it!

Rani said...

That's hilarious! I'm totally laughing.

day in the life of a prince said...

I love it!!!

Nana Shanna said...

I love it! They definitely come with their own personalities don't they?

The Law Spot said...

LOL again! Your girls provide much comic relief!