Sunday, May 24, 2009

The Day the Pirates Came

It was a beautiful spring afternoon and shortly after Gram and Pop arrived for a visit, we discovered that “Pirates” buried treasure in the sand box. The girls were so excited to dig and sift for treasure.

Treasure Hunt 5-24-09a

Brooke - Treasure Hunt 5-24-09cThey found lots of great surprises in the sand but their favorites by far, had to be the treasure boxes filled with gold doubloons (aka Chuck E. Cheese tokens).

Katelyn - Treasure Hunt 5-24-09aBrooke - Treasure Hunt 5-24-09aBrooke - Treasure Hunt 5-24-09bKatelyn - Treasure Hunt 5-24-09b

Jeepin with Gram and Pop 5-24-09aThe funny part was that after finding the pirate booty, Brooke immediately said, “Thank you for the treasure box Gram and Pop.” She was on to them from the beginning. The next day however, Katelyn pulled me aside and told me she had to ask me a secret question. In a very serious voice she whispered,“Mom, are Gram and Pop the pirates?” I told her they were but she still wasn’t convinced. So later on she asked them herself. Either way, I love that she wants to “believe” and enjoy being a kid. Brooke on the other hand just wants to go to Chuck E. Cheese.

Jeepin with Gram and Pop 5-24-09bAfter the hunt we went on a nice walk while the girls drove their Barbie Jeep with their coin-filled treasure chests riding safely in the “backseat.”

Arrrrr, we love having Gram and Pop come to visit!

5 comments:

Christina B. said...

That is such a fun idea! And I'm totally jealous of the Barbie Jeep! :)

Tammy said...

Your parents are the CUTEST!! I love them!! How fun to have a Gram and Pop visit!

Shem said...

I need my own Gram and Pop! Super fun!

Rani said...

omg what a totally cute idea! I love it!

melissa walker said...

You parents are fun--what great memories your girls will always have of them!