After three months of piano lessons it was time for Katelyn’s first piano recital. She played “Teach Me To Walk In the Light” and “I Have A Little Dreidel.”
Even though she practiced hard and was completely ready for her debut, we knew better than to try and video her performance. We knew that the mere idea of one of us with the camera rolling would throw her off. So we decided to just sit and enjoy the show.
Katelyn did a great job and really enjoyed her first recital experience. She loved having her family there to watch and was excited about celebrating together afterwards. She was thrilled to have friends and fellow piano students there with her too.
Katelyn has such a wonderful teacher who really helped her through some ups and downs during her first three months playing. Katelyn started off doing great and picked up everything very fast. But then she hit a rough patch… her propensity to play by ear coupled with her impatience for reading the notes brought her progression to a screeching halt. It wasn’t pretty for awhile but then Audrey figured out exactly what Katelyn needed so that everything would “click” again. Two weeks later, she hit the ground running and no longer fought with the notes on the page, but actually read them. Thank you Audrey for all of your hard work in helping Katelyn exactly the way she needed to be helped.
Brooke enjoyed the music and loved the cookies at the end.
After the recital, Katelyn was anxious to change into summer clothes since it was finally in the 60’s, then we headed to Coeur d’Alene for dessert. We had so much fun and ate lots of ice cream. Brooke liked the sprinkles on top more than the ice cream, but I was happy to help finish hers. It was a great night and we are so proud of you Katelyn! Thanks for letting us celebrate you and all of your hard work!
4 comments:
That would have been so fun to see! Katelyn is so lucky to have Audrey for a piano teacher- so fun!
Hey, I'll be in WA this weekend (Fri, Sat and Sun). So, hopefully I'll get to see you!
Oh you'll have to see if you can video sometime on the sly. So cute!
YAY, Katelyn! I am sure you sounded amazing! Wish we lived closer so that we could come and cheer you on!
Sorry I missed it. :( I hope you keep playing your songs Katelyn so you can play them for us when you come to Utah!!
Post a Comment