Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Day School Finally Got Out

1st day of 1st grade Last day of 1st gradeKate's 1st day of school 9-4-08aKate and Brooke - last day of school 6-17-09aKate's 1st day of 1st grade 9-4-08bKatelyn - last day of school 6-17-09a

Kate and Brooke - last day of school 6-17-09bSince our winter break included an extra week of time off due to snow, the schools had to make a few of them up at the end of the year. We were looking so forward to Katelyn’s last day of first grade to finally arrive and summer to begin. I don’t know how Brooke understood what it all meant, but somehow she did and she was so excited! Katelyn was excited for summer too but she absolutely loved first grade and I know she will miss it. I assured her that we’d have lots of fun this summer and make sure she’d see her friends.

Brooke waiting for Kate 6-17-09aWhen it was time to pick her up we walked up to the school so we could meet her just like we did on the first day. Brooke loved seeing the other kids but got really excited when Katelyn came running towards us. I am so glad that some things don’t change – she was so happy to see us just like she was on the first day of first grade (photo below - left), but boy did she look a lot older and more grown up on the last day of first grade (photo below – right).

Kate's out of class 9-4-08Kate after school 6-17-09

I am also glad that Katelyn’s BFF has stayed the same – we love Sara so much – she is such a sweet friend to Katelyn and Brooke – I don’t know what we would do without her. (Brooke wasn’t asleep, but she kept blinking in every picture)

Kate Brooke and Sara 6-17-09

Katelyn - last day of school 6-17-09bI am so glad Katelyn had such a great 1st grade year and I would be fine if we could just freeze time… but since we can’t I’ll just enjoy summer and try not to think too much about second grade starting in two months.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Only a two month break? The pics of how they've both grown up are great!