On Saturday, I had a chance to go with the Primary (children’s group) from our church to the Spokane Temple. My girls loved it and really enjoyed all of the activities.
A particular highlight though was this bird that spent most of her time “screaming” at the kids. She was about 2 feet away from the sidewalk and was not happy to have so many kids around. When she finally moved we discovered why she was so grouchy… she was carefully sitting on her nest that had four tiny eggs inside it. The kids were amazed and the mama bird was thrilled when we left.
After the Primary activity, the girls and I headed to our favorite Saturday spot… the local Farmer’s Market. We go every week and Kyle always asks us when we come home if we bought a farmer. It still makes us laugh.
This week we bought some herbs and Katelyn planted some seeds at the Kids booth…
…while Brooke danced and danced and danced to the live music.
Brooke had quite the audience. She danced by herself for awhile and then recruited this little girl to join her. I think I will take a tip jar next time. The musician was totally nice and actually gave Brooke a CD of her music to take home.
We had a great time even though we still haven’t found a farmer there for sale… talk about a misnomer.
1 comment:
what pretty little girls!!!
Post a Comment