Friday, June 26, 2009

The Day We Got “Shocked”

Shock 6-26-09So we finally had the pleasure of attending a Spokane Shock arena football game and boy was it fun.  The game itself was exciting and even had some hockey elements to it.  The fans were loud and crazy and soooooo fun to watch.  I include our family in that as well, as I am certain that everyone within a five row radius went home and told stories about our clan.

Brooke at the Shock game 6-26-09cBrooke was really intrigued by what everyone was drinking.  She kept asking me for some apple juice and when I told her they didn’t sell apple juice there she would get so mad at me.  Then I realized that she thought all the adults were drinking apple juice in their  clear plastic cups.  Definitely not apple juice.

After checking out every available food item at the arena, Katelyn selected a corn dog for dinner.  As you can see in the photos, she was really pleased with it, while Brooke on the other hand was completely repulsed at the very site of it.

Katelyn at the Shock game 6-26-09bBrooke at the Shock game 6-26-09a

They were both happy with the cotton candy and very adept at creating a sticky web that I am sure took hours for the cleaning crew to remove.

Katelyn at the Shock game 6-26-09aBrooke at the Shock game 6-26-09b

Brooke at the Shock game 6-26-09dBoth girls loved the music they played all throughout the game and with their amazing dance moves I was surprised we didn’t end up on the Jumbo-tron.

We had so much fun and loved watching the Shock soundly beat the other team.  It was a great night and we are definitely Shock fans!

Brooke at the Shock game 6-26-09e

2 comments:

jessica said...

Just so you know....I always read, I just don't always comment. I just love the picture of Brooke looking so disgusted at the corn dog. And the apple juice part...
seriously...That girl is so funny!

Nana Shanna said...

Wow! That sure sounds like a fun time. We still haven't made it to a Shock game....sigh...perhaps in another life. :)