This year, we came to Utah for my cousin Jerica’s wedding. She is six and a half years younger than I am, but we have always been really close. She looked so beautiful and I am so happy for her. Jason seems like a really great guy and he absolutely adores her. I was so glad we could be there to share their special day with them. Thanks to I-15 being shut down to one lane that morning, we almost missed it, but luckily we made it just in time.
Jerica’s mom is my mom’s little sister. I was 5 when she got married and I got to be her flower girl. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I also remember accidentally swallowing the gold heart charm on the necklace she gave me about a week after the wedding. I was so sad about it and I was sure I was going to die… but as they say, “This too shall pass…” and thank goodness it did.
Here is a photo of Jerica with her mom, brother (Dustin) and dad. She and Dustin are only 2 years apart and before he was born she would say “I don’t want a baby brudder [brother].” But they have been best buddies since the minute he was born. Doug and Dustin each gave a beautiful toast and everything was so nice.
Katelyn was so excited to help out at as a server at the reception. Her partner’s in crime are my cousin Paige’s two little girls. Avery is 5 months older than Katelyn and Lexi is nine. They had a great time and it was so fun to watch them together.
The picture on the left is of my family when my Aunt Gay got married in 1981. On the right is our attempt at a family photo… notice my dad and Brooke and their similarities when participating in family photo shoots.
This was our most successful attempt at a family photo… it won’t be our Christmas card but at least it is photographic evidence that we were all their together.
Brooke loves having her picture taken and when she found a “stage” under the gazebo she was thrilled to be my subject.
We had a great time and were so glad we could celebrate with Jerica and Jason on their special day.
Congratulations – we love you both and wish you a forever of happiness!
3 comments:
Let me just start by saying, "I am an idiot!!" There! Now I can post my comment!
I love the matching looks on Carlos and Brookie! Hilarious! The apples don't fall too far from the trees, eh?
I think your family picture is cute--it's so hard to get one of everyone together!
Ok I love seeing the pics of you when you were little, so cute! Also love Brooke's version of the ABC's, that's gotta make Kateyln feel special!
Post a Comment