Another highlight of visiting Gram and Pop in Utah is that Katelyn gets to play with her favorite dog Dixie. “The Dixie Chick” as we like to call her, lives next door to Gram and Pop. Her "mom” was one of my favorite teachers in elementary school and I love getting to visit with her and her husband while we are there.
Dixie and Katelyn first met in the summer of 2005. Katelyn had just turned 3 and they were immediately best buddies. Dixie loves Katelyn and will come over and bark at the door until she comes out to play. They are great buddies and I hope the Wagstaff’s never move… not only do I like them but then we won’t have to get a dog.
Kate & Dixie – Aug 2005 Kate & Dixie – Aug 2009
Brooke doesn’t get to play with her very much because Dixie loves to lick your face and Brooke is so allergic to her that she gets puffy and red immediately upon contact. As you can see from this picture though, Dixie loves to play chase with the girls and the are happy to oblige.
Dixie loves doing tricks for Katelyn to earn a biscuit and they both love having Pop sit on the porch with them while they play. We love our “Dixie Chick!”
1 comment:
The dixie pic is one of my very very favorites!!! I can't believe she is so grown up.
Post a Comment