So if you are ever going to any French speaking/eating town, I highly recommend that you take Kyle so that he can help you have an amazing French Grocery Store dinner.
This probably sounds like a joke, but in all seriousness this is such a fine culinary experience it is almost unreal. Besides the amazing food at the end, the other really great part is listening to Kyle speak French and watching him get so excited as he finds authentic delicacies. For this particular shopping experience, Grandma Carol stayed out by the cool fountain with the kids while I followed Kyle around.
About 45 minutes and $60 later, this is what we found: mini French baguettes, rillettes de canard (Kyle’s favorite), yummy French cheese, European style yogurt (my favorite), cute little crab sandwiches, fruity European sodas, fruit cups and strawberry milk (not at all French but purchased for little girls just in case they won’t eat the good stuff), chocolate milk (for weird pregnant lady), hazelnut chocolate spread and maple butter for the aforementioned baguettes, and an assortment of pastries and treats. Très bien!
I single handedly finished off half of the chocolate spread and 3/4 of a baguette by myself. Brooke did not want to try the cheese but after one taste, she ended up eating half of a bag by herself and she asked for more cheese for breakfast the next day too. Everyone loved our French Grocery store dinner and it was so fun watching Kyle thoroughly enjoy his duck pâté.
5 comments:
I love reading your posts... you always seem to be going somewhere exciting :)
WOW! You have been busy! The pictures are great...are you sure you are pregs?...and although the pictures of the scenerey are impressive, Kyle smiling in the pictures is even more impressive! I only tease because I love...
mmmmm sounds delicious! Did you save me some?
I was expecting a post about rotisserie chicken and Hamburger Helper! I've always wanted to try French food but never known where to start- now I know who to call!
umm-weird pregnant lady? That's not you, is it? Did you make an announcement somewhere that I missed or were you helping out a poor pregnant lady in the grocery store?
Post a Comment