Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Day We Saw Christina

Christina Kate & Brooke at Cheers 10-8-09Almost 10 years ago, I had a chance to work with the amazing Christina.  Just before Katelyn was born, Christina was promoted and moved to Boston to work at our Corporate office.  We’ve kept in touch and I even got to see her when she’d come back to Utah on business trips.  So when we were headed to Boston, I thought I would see if by some chance we could sneak in a quick visit.  Christina was so nice to rearrange her day.  She took the train and we decided to meet in Faneuil Hall Marketplace.

When we saw her coming towards us we were so excited to see her.  The girls immediately noticed her darling pink and chocolate brown purse… but it turned out to be a giant gift bag full of treats for our family.  She filled it full of every cool Bostonian souvenir you could imagine.  It was so sweet of her and the girls absolutely loved it all!

Ashley & Christina at Cheers 10-8-09We had a fun lunch at Cheers and had a great time catching up.  Thank you so much Christina for coming to hang out with us and for all of our wonderful Boston souvenirs.  Now you need to come and visit us in the great Northwest.

Kate Brooke & Carla 10-8-09Kate Mom Brooke with Norm 10-8-09aKate & Grandma Carol at Cheers 10-8-09     

The girls also loved seeing all the characters from the show – I couldn’t help but think that they would have loved it even more if they knew what a great show it was.  Cheers to a great visit with a wonderful friend!

1 comment:

Christina B. said...

I feel so lucky I got to see the Hansen family on your vacation!! Thank you! It was so great to see you! I am scared of these pictures of me... I should have looked more closely at them before you left. :) Maybe you can photoshop them so they don't alarm your other blog readers? You should have seen me after I left having lunch with you- I was smiling all day. You are such a wonderful person and it's clear that your daughters take after you! (And Kyle too I'm sure). Thanks again!