Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Day Miss Jean Threw Brooke Another Party

I love telling my kids stories about when they were born.  Brooke was so excited for her birthday party at preschool this year, that I decided I should remind her that that this would actually be the second birthday party Miss Jean had for her.  She loved knowing that Miss Jean even loved her way back then.  Wonderful teachers are seriously the best. 

Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12aBrooke and Miss Jean - Preschool Birthday 1-6-12a

The first party was on January 9th, 2007 when Brooke was only a day old.  Miss Jean threw a big sister/little sister party for Brooke and Katelyn to celebrate Brooke’s arrival and Katelyn’s journey into big sisterhood.  Brooke and I weren’t able to attend since we were still in the hospital but Kyle and Katelyn enjoyed the celebration and told Brooke all about it when they came to see us at the hospital after the festivities.

Kate & Dad Big Sis Party 1-9-07Brooke & Kate 1-9-07b

This time the party was to celebrate Brooke’s 5th birthday.  She was so excited, she couldn’t sleep the night before.  She decided on chocolate princess cupcakes with cookies and crème frosting with crushed Oreos.  She also picked out little cans of orange soda, Princess plates and Barbie napkins – a truly perfect combination of all things Brookie.

Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12jBrooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12dBrooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12i

She had a great time partying with her buddies but she really wished Katelyn could have been there too.

Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12eBrooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12f

Emily LOVED the party and thought Miss Jean was great.  I know she is looking forward to following in her sisters’ footsteps in a few years.

Emily at Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12Emily at Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12bEmily at Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12c

After the party, the weather was nice enough that the kids even got to go outside and run off some of the sugar we pumped into them.

Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12gBrooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12h

It was so fun to celebrate Brooke’s birthday at preschool again, but I never imagined her second party would get here so fast.  I love celebrating that sweet little face.

Brooke's Preschool Birthday 1-6-12b

No comments: