Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Day We Went Christmas Camping

Each year after the Christmas decorations are up, our family goes "Christmas Camping" (sleeping in the living room under the Christmas tree) as part of our holiday festivities.  As an almost two year old, we decided that Brooke could fully participate this year and sleep downstairs.  Katelyn was so excited! 

Kate Christmas camping 12-23-08aBrooke Christmas camping 12-23-08a

Kate & Brooke Christmas camping 12-23-08dOne of Katelyn's favorite parts of Christmas camping is when we get out the air mattress and blow it up.  Both girls had a blast playing on it and being silly.  Their other favorite part is playing "steamroller" and "squish" with daddy on the mattress.

 

Kate & Brooke Christmas camping 12-23-08fKate & Brooke Christmas camping 12-23-08e 

Kate & Brooke Christmas camping 12-23-08bThen it was time to read some Christmas stories in an attempt to get the girls to settle down.  It didn't work very well but eventually they went to sleep after a lot of giggling, playing and Kate & Brooke Christmas camping 12-23-08csquealing.  They love each other so much and really are the best of friends.  Eventually they both passed out and had a great night's sleep under the glowing lights of the Christmas tree. 

Kate & Brooke Christmas camping 12-23-08a

3 comments:

The Sadler Crew said...

That is the most fun tradition ever! Thanks for always sharing your great ideas with all of us. I love you, Ash and I hope you know you are missed every day.
Tiff

Tammy said...

so cute and such a fun tradition! I wish I was as creative as you! You are the cutest mom ever!!

AMY said...

Their PJ's are perfect for camping... but you probably planned that :)

They sure know how to decorate a gingerbread house, too. Jack would have surely destroyed it. Brooke is so cute... she looks just like Jack when she cries.

I'm glad Brooke was 2 before the paci had to go... that means I have a good 9 months to look for that opportunity.

I hope you had a great Christmas.