Katelyn has had a very loose tooth for a couple of weeks, she's been really excited about it coming out but has been unwilling to let us help her make that happen. So when we were at the dentist for my cleaning we had some time in the waiting room (over an
hour). She was feeling brave because of her surroundings, or maybe fear because she thought the dentist would rip it out, but I told her again that if she would just give it a little twist (rather than just wiggle it), it would pop right out... so she did and it did! ![]()
![]()
She was so excited to get another tooth necklace to put it in right there in the office. I was really surprised though when she said she was going to wait to put it under her pillow for the tooth fairy. She said she wanted to save it so she could show it to her good friend Will when he got home from his trip. She said she also wanted to wait so that she had time to go to the store and pick out what she was going to buy with the money. I told her she could just go after the fact. She informed me that she wanted to pick out the toy because then hopefully the tooth fairy would know how much to leave. Uh oh. She's either onto the whole thing or thinks the tooth fairy is one powerful fairy. After two days, I convinced her that Will would be fine just seeing a picture of her tooth and that the fairy would leave the same amount regardless of what she picked out. She decided she was ready, so the tooth fairy came. Now Katelyn is $1 closer to the $29.99 Littlest Petshop Palm Pilot than she was the day before. Didn't we just have Christmas?
4 comments:
I love that she thinks the tooth fairy will bring 30 bucks! I need a tooth fairy. Kninsa... get the pliers! :)
Congrats, Katelyn, on loosing another tooth! I love that she had to pick out the toy first! What a smart girl! She knows how to work it! :)
I love her! I am pulling out my teeth as I write!
I'm so glad not every tooth fairy brings $10/tooth like some inlaws of mine do.
However, I hope that your little girl doesn't take the intiative to pull another 29 teeth or so out of her or her friends' mouths.
Post a Comment