Katelyn had been looking so forward to taking Brooke outside to play in the snow this winter. At first, the snow that came was accompanied by some ridiculously cold temperatures. So I vetoed Brooke going outside and Katelyn decided it was also too cold for her.
So the day after Christmas when things finally warmed up enough that I was willing to go outside, we made Katelyn's wish come true and headed out to play.
Once they were both suited up, Katelyn made sure Brooke was in it for the long haul and "topped her off." Brooke's outfit prevented her from moving her arms very much or using her fingers at all (one hand was lodged in her sleeve too) so I know she appreciated her sister's thoroughness in the preparation part of the activity.
Despite her limited mobility, Brooke loved the snow and thought playing in it with the whole family was the greatest thing ever. She kept saying, "That's so fun!" Katelyn agreed wholeheartedly.
They hunted for icicles, made snow angels and did some sledding.
We had fun playing on the hills in our own yard but eventually went down the street to Katelyn's favorite sledding spot. After her first run down the big hill she said "I fell down" but wanted more. She said she wanted "more sliding." So Brooke really only had one problem with sledding, she didn't like it when it stopped. I guess she didn't enjoy the part where the downhill portion of her ride ended and she had to wait while I pulled her back up the hill in her throne sled, for her next run. I think she was afraid I was unaware that it was more fun for her to go down the hill than back up it rickshaw style. So as I was dragging her back up she kept saying "I want this way I want this way," and pointing down the hill. Thank goodness she clarified that for me.
We had a great day in the snow and were ready for more the next day. Here is a video of some of the fun.
2 comments:
Brooke is TOO cute. The way her arms stick out in her little outfit remind me of the kid from "A Christmas Story." You know, the one who toddled along in his big A winter suit saying "wait for me guys..." Classic!
I love the way your page is decorated with the pink with black polka dots!
Post a Comment