When the first "big" snow storms hit Spokane this winter, the snow that fell was too dry to be any fun. It wouldn't pack at all but that made it easier to shovel. Eventually though, a change in the temperature resulted in some great snow to play in, so we decided it was time to build another igloo.
Two years ago, about a week and a half after Brooke was born, Kyle and Katelyn made an igloo in the back yard. They used a rectangular shaped garbage can to make the walls and had to use a majority of our backyard snow to create it. Katelyn was so proud of it.
This year it was much easier to build. No containers of any kind were used to create the body of the igloo. Days and days of shoveling took care of that. So Kyle and Katelyn decided to change the design so they could incorporate the extra snow they had left over. Brooke was content admiring their work from the outside and never actually went in the igloo, but she did enjoy the upgrades they added on this year. It certainly wasn't as pretty as the original igloo they made two years ago. But this one has been a big hit with all of the neighborhood kids. Somehow I only got one picture of Katelyn in the igloo, but here is a video instead... Katelyn will take you on a virtual tour of our new Guest house.
4 comments:
I always know when Kyle is out of town because we get lots of posts from you!
You guys had way more fun in the snow then we did. Maybe it was because Aric was out of commission and I don't do snow. I document the girls playing in it and shovel the driveway. I'm the "no-fun-in-the-snow" mom.
I love this post. Way to go Kyle. My boys would be so envious. The video was especially fun to watch tell your muchachitas hi from Maya, Edie and Camden's "abuelita". Your girls are such treasures. See you in a few weeks!
I saw the title of this post and thought, "this has Kyle written all over it!" Sure enough! Good work, dude!
That's a fun idea to have an igloo/tunnel/cave/slide all-in-one! Brooke was so funny to keep crying at the bottom, because she wanted more!
Post a Comment