Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Day We Made Frosty

Brooke's 1st snowman 12-27-08aThis winter, Brooke has developed a real love for snowmen, especially those named Frosty, while Katelyn has been anxiously awaiting the chance to get Brooke outside to play in the snow "for real," since she wasn't a toddler when we had snow last year. So, when our snow finally warmed up enough that it would actually stick together, we made a Frosty of our very own.

Daddy did all of the work but us girls had a blast "supervising" and trying to get him with snowballs. The girls were in charge of decorating Frosty with our snowman kit made by our good friends, the Lowes and I was the official Brooke's 1st snowman 12-27-08bhistorian. When Frosty was complete the girls gave him hugs, but when he didn't come to life, they went back to playing. Giant balls of snow with clothes can't compete with an igloo that has an escape hatch and ramp. It's good to have an engineer for a dad.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is seriously the most perfect snowman I have ever seen. My snowballs were certainly nowhere near circular, when I did one with the girls and I thought: "It must just be in storybooks that they get the body and head all perfectly round."

Apparently not just in storybooks. I'll be keeping my kids aways from Maxwell.

The Law Spot said...

Ok, again, I saw the title of this post and thought, "there goes Kyle again!" I have NEVER seen such a perfect snowman before. That's awesome!