Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Day Katelyn was Baptized

Katelyn - Age 8 - 8-4-10aKatelyn's Baptism 9-4-10aWhen Kyle and I got married on September 4, 1999, I never imagined that on our 11th anniversary, our oldest daughter would be getting baptized.  I do however, remember very vividly thinking about  her baptism day on the day she was born.  Katelyn and I stayed up most of her first night “talking” and I remember  worrying then that all of the wonderful milestones like walking, talking, Kindergarten, baptism, and her wedding day would come too fast.  I was right… it is definitely going by way too fast, but boy are we enjoying every minute of it.

Katelyn was so excited for her baptism day and was thrilled that Grandma Carol, Aunt Rani, Uncle Will and her cousins Jaleese and Calvin came all the way from Boise to share her special day with us. 

Daddy & Katelyn on baptism day 9-4-10aKatelyn's baptism visitors 9-6-10aKatelyn's Baptism 9-4-10b

Shortly after we arrived at the church, it was time for Katelyn to change into her white jump suit.  She was super excited but I could tell she was a little nervous too.  Once she was dressed, she had a funny look on her face so I asked her if everything was ok.  She started jumping up and down and with a grin on her face she said “Yes, my jump suit really works!”  Man I love that kid.

Daddy & Katelyn on baptism day 9-4-10bKatelyn on Baptism Day 9-4-10aKatelyn & Brooke on baptism day 9-4-10a

Her baptism and confirmation were so beautiful and we were so grateful for all of the friends and family that came to support her and for those that may not have been able to be there that day, but have had a tremendous impact on her life. 

When Katelyn was getting changed back into her dress after being baptized, I asked her how she felt and she said that the minute she came out of the water she felt so warm.  She also said that it wasn’t just because the water was warm but because of the peace and happiness she felt.  We are so proud of you Katelyn and the choice you made to be baptized.  You are beautiful inside and out and I hope you will always remember how special you truly are and how much we love you.  Thank you for making our 11th anniversary such a wonderful weekend full of reasons to celebrate.

Katelyn playing with her cousins 9-5-10aBrooke 9-5-10aCalvin & Katelyn 9-5-10aKatelyn Calvin & Brooke playing 9-5-10aCalvin & Emily 9-5-10a

No comments: