So this summer was the beginning of Katelyn’s adventure in orthodontics. During her evaluation visit, they told us the cost for phase one of her treatment. After falling off my chair, I think the look on my face said it all. The next thing they said brought some mild relief, “There’s only two phases of treatment.” Thank goodness.
For the first step of phase one they put four spacers in between her back molars.
During step two they made impressions of her tiny little mouth.
During step three, they installed her expander. She was such a trooper and didn’t seem to mind at all.
After turning the key in the expander for four weeks, it was time to start the final step of phase one. Step four added the facial mask. Katelyn is supposed to wear it at night and anytime she isn’t at school or in public. She is so good about wearing it but anxious for the next 18 months to go by.
Emily LOVES the facial mask – she thinks it is her on personal handle bar. She likes to grab it and pull. Katelyn doesn’t mind one bit but I am afraid that if Emily does it too many times it will lead to the addition of a phase three treatment plan.
1 comment:
she looks too happy to have a spacer in her mouth! I had one of those stupid spacers in COLLEGE! Yep in college I hated every minute of it! Boy was I happy to get that out and braces on and off!! It was worth it but I sure hated it! I hope your daughter doesn't have to wear it for a long time.
Post a Comment